The Nelson Waldorf School is recruiting for the role of Summer Groundskeeper. The person in this role will assist the maintenance worker in ensuring the safety and maintenance of our campus grounds and facilities. To implement a variety of planned maintenance tasks, address day-to-day operational needs, and undertake building projects.
The responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy school environment for learning and working
- Inspect facilities; identify maintenance problems; evaluate and assist in the prioritization of maintenance items; perform needed repairs.
- Ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity
- Work with volunteers
- Identify and solve safety problems that are associated with the buildings and grounds
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of basic techniques of mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, and grounds maintenance are an asset.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for the successful completion of tasks
- Own transportation
- Satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector clearance
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references to email@example.com.