Health & Safety
We take the health and safety of our students and staff very seriously. We are closely following the guidelines from the Ministry of Education and Interior Health and are adapting our practices as needed to maintain a healthy and safe learning environment.
August 25, 2022
The latest directives regarding the Provincial Communicable disease Guidelines for K-12 Settings.
Here are the key changes to the Provincial Guidelines:
- Masks will no longer be mandated for use within the classroom and workplace.
- Schools can return to classroom and learning environment configurations and activities for optimal learning and teaching.
- Intra-school events (events with just students, staff and necessary volunteers) do not have a capacity limit.
- Inter-school events or those with visitors (e.g., parent spectators) can return to 100 per cent capacity.
- We can return to routine pick up/drop off practices.
- Schools should make every effort to avoid venue/locations that place additional requirements that could prevent a person from being able to participate. (Example: We will try to find and use field trip destinations that so not require a proof of vaccination.)
Nelson Waldorf will still consider strategies to create space between people, promote outdoor activities, and we ask that families continue to follow public health recommendations and practices for self-testing and self-isolation periods when ill. (Rapid tests are still available for pick-up at our Front Office.) Nelson Waldorf will also continue to support and respect anyone’s decision to wear a mask or face covering.