The Nelson Waldorf School is recruiting for the role of Kindergarten teacher. The teacher is responsible for the delivery of Waldorf education in a manner that is aligned with Waldorf pedagogical practices, grade-specific Scope and Sequence expectations, and the requirements of the BC Ministry of Education, as set forth in the BC curriculum and by the province’s five-stage approach to in-class instruction.
Within Kindergarten teaching, the responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Create and maintain a grade-appropriate, aesthetic and orderly classroom.
- Prepare, teach and assess all learning blocks, and work proactively to support students through the request for development assessments, etc.
- Develop and maintain a safe, harmonious social environment for the students in alignment with the school’s Code of Compassion, Social Inclusion approach, Student Discipline policy and Dress Code policy.
- Document student progress in accordance with BC Ministry and Waldorf standards, and communicate regularly with parents, including parent/teacher conferences and end of year reports.
- Actively participate in the life of the school and broader school community, including committees, festivals, concerts, performances and other after-school activities, as assigned.
- Work in year-round outdoor weather for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer for inputting year overviews, term descriptions, student reports and conducting regular correspondence.
- Supervise Kindergarten assistants and KA substitutes
- Attend faculty meetings and Early Years meetings
- BC Teachers Certificate required
- Waldorf teaching certification required
- 2+ years Early Years teaching preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.