Position Title: Facility and Grounds Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Facility and Grounds Manager
Job purpose: To ensure the safety and maintenance of our campus grounds and facilities. To implement a variety of planned maintenance tasks, address day-to-day operational needs, and undertake building projects. To ensure the general and preventative upkeep of the school facility and grounds.
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy school environment for learning and working
- Be accountable for security system, snow removal, waste disposal, water testing, fire prevention, and other safety systems
- Be available to fire and police departments on a 24-hour call basis when building alarm sounds
- Assist with emergency response and evacuations
- Inspect facilities; identify maintenance problems; determine the costs of repair; evaluate and assist in the prioritization of maintenance items; and coordinate, and/or perform needed repairs.
- Ensure that staff and students are provided with proper utilities (i.e., heat, water, electricity)
- Work within building maintenance budgets
- Ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity
- Support the work of staff and students by providing setup and tear down of equipment during special events (i.e., concerts, graduation, conferences, etc)
- Work with volunteers and students as needed
- Identify and solve safety problems that are associated with the buildings and grounds
Experience and Requirements:
- Knowledge of basic techniques of mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, and grounds maintenance
- Experience in school custodial services or the equivalent in other institutions and/or firms
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for the successful completion of tasks
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Flexible work hours, including some evenings and weekends
- On-call availability in the event of an emergency
- Valid BC driver’s license and own transportation
- Clear criminal record check
Terms of Employment:
Start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 12 months
Hours: Part-time, up to 24 hours per week
Wage: Hourly, compensation dependent on experience.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.