Join a team of dedicated teachers, board members and parents who surround and support the children with the guiding principles of Waldorf education.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status and a Criminal Record Check.
Business Development Director
October 15, 2021
The Business Development Director is responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of both new and current business and financial practices that support the strategic vision of the organization while fostering and maintaining best practices in the current business and financial administrative systems.
Business Development Oversight & Implementation:
- Developing and assessing feasibility of new business initiatives aligned with the NWS strategic plan and vision
- Financial strategizing and scenario planning
- Assessing and ensuring risk, liability, and insurance oversight and compliance
- Policy development and administration
Financial Oversight & Management:
- 3 year budget development, implementation, and administration
- Oversight of annual budget with the HOS and Finance Administrator
- Coordination of the Finance Committee
Oversight of NWS Child Care Centre:
- Ensure the Child Care Centre adheres to all licensing regulations and requirements.
- Communicate with the Licensing Officer as necessary.
- Maintain safe indoor and outdoor environments according to WCB and Licensing regulation.
- Process Child Care enrollment applications using approved NWS CCC contracts
- Other Child Care Centre administrative duties as required.
- Oversee the tracking of daily attendance and submit monthly reports as required.
- Ensure timesheets are submitted accurately for ECEs/subs.
- Organize hiring committee for Child Care Centre staff and include the necessary administrative and teaching faculty.
- Organize substitute staff as required.
- Establish annual Child Care Operating Budget.
- Manage invoicing to ensure a seamless transition into the NWS financial accounting system
- Administer the approved NWS CCC contracts to ensure full enrolment.
- Administer the necessary marketing campaigns to build the CCC brand and fill enrolment.
- Serve on a strategic planning committee with the HOS to give input to the CCC strategic plan.
- Provide administrative support for the growth of the Child Care center based on the strategic plan.
- Investigate, research and implement any subsidy programs available for our families.
- Oversee the transition of the CCC to the Ministry of Education when this Provincial change takes place.
- Parent education, especially as it relates to Waldorf education.
- Working with HOS on employee contracts and scheduling.
Grant & Other Funding Administration:
- Researching and assessing feasibility of grant and other funding opportunities
- Writing grant and other funding proposals and applications in support of NWS initiatives
- Oversight and administration of funding reporting requirements
- Assessing and implementing business and financial systems that support current and future best practices
- Assisting the Head of School with operational administrative duties as requested
- Bachelors or higher degree in Business Management or similar field
- Minimum 3 years experience in related field
- Experience in a child care setting or educational facility an asset
- Demonstrated experience in business development, and securing funding opportunities (preferably in the not-for-profit sector)
- Proficiency in digital communication and collaboration
October 11, 2021
The Nelson Waldorf School is recruiting for the position of French Teacher for Classes 1-8.
The French Teacher is responsible for the delivery of a French curriculum that is aligned with Waldorf pedagogical practices, grade-specific Scope and Sequence expectations, and the requirements of the BC Ministry of Education, as set forth in the BC curriculum and by the province’s five-stage approach to in-class instruction.
Part-time, 10:45-3:00, Monday – Thursday
Salary based on experience ($32,000- $39,000)
The French Teacher will bring joy and enthusiasm to the learning of French. Key qualities are strong communication and interpersonal skills, and excellent classroom management and organizational skills.
Responsibilities will include preparing, teaching and assessing 16 lessons of French/week, writing reports, supervising during student recess, and attending the weekly faculty meeting.
- BC Independent School Teacher Certification eligibility
- Waldorf Certification, preferred
- Studied university level French
- 5 years or more of French teaching experience, preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Criminal Record Check required
Teacher on Call
October 1, 2021
The Nelson Waldorf School is currently accepting applications for substitutes in our grades and early childhood programs for the 2021-2022 school year.
$19/hour, minimum two hours
As a Teacher on Call, the requirements include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule, available on short notice
- Clear criminal record check
September 16, 2021
The Nelson Waldorf School is hiring a janitor to provide services to the school, ensuring the interior and exterior cleanliness of school facilities.
20-26 hours/week @ $19/hour
As Janitor, the responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Cleaning of multiples building on school grounds:
- Wet and dry mopping floors
- Vacuuming floors and carpets
- Spot cleaning floors and carpets as required
- Removal of garbage to transfer station
- Sanitizing bathrooms
- Sanitize childcare and kindergarten classrooms daily when programs are in session
- Dusting and cleaning of walls
- Extra cleaning duties during festivals and/or events
- Deep cleaning of facilities during school closures
- Keeping inventory of supplies
- Experience in school Janitorial services or the equivalent in other institutions and/or firms
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for the successful completion of tasks
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Flexible work hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Valid BC driver’s license and own transportation
- Clear criminal record check
August 1, 2021
The Education Director plays a pivotal role in the administration team, and is responsible for representing the pedagogical realm when making decisions and providing input. Key qualities include strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment. The Education Director oversees the Pedagogical Steering Committee, acts as liaison between the administration team and faculty, and plays a major role in student support.
As Education Director, the responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Overseeing and facilitating processes that ensure the school’s pedagogical quality, consistency, coherence, and continuity
- Bringing a whole-school perspective, bridging administrative and pedagogical insights, to all discussions
- Teacher support including professional development and training, faculty evaluation, curriculum development, and student progress review
- Supports mediation in situations where parent / teacher communication needs pedagogical support to reach understanding and resolution as directed by Head of School
- Oversees remedial education needs, including IEPs for all special needs students
- Oversees the three streams of student support (inclusion, discipline, care)
- BC Teacher certification
- Waldorf Teacher training
- 5+ years of Waldorf leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
August 17, 2021
The Nelson Waldorf School is recruiting for the part time position of Handwork Assistant. The Handwork Assistant works under the supervision of the Handwork Teacher in classes one to five, helping children learn to knit, crochet, cross-stitch and embroider. It is expected that the Handwork teacher works as a part of a committed team of teachers and is an active member of our school community, and possesses a commitment to personal and professional development and an enthusiasm for collegial work.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist Handwork Teacher by working one-to-one with children in the classroom setting.
- Responsibilities will include coaching individual students, correcting mistakes in student work and t supervising students during recess.
- Knowledge of knitting, crochet and cross stitch
- Classroom teaching experience an asset