Nelson Waldorf School is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Music teacher for grades 6-8, who can also provide Teaching Assistant (TA) support.
The successful applicant will have knowledge and proven practice as a Music teacher, (preferably in these middle school grades), be able to teach 4-part recorder, and prior experience as Teaching Assistant. Strong communication skills, classroom management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with lead teachers is essential.
Music responsibilities include:
• Planning lessons
• Report writing
• Preparing for seasonal concerts
TA responsibilities include:
• Working under the direction of the Class Teacher and Subject Teachers.
• Directing students’ attention to the teacher for instructional directions,
reminders, disciplinary expectations, etc.
• Supporting the teacher by working with groups of students
• Stepping in as a teacher-on-call (if the lead teacher is away)
• Supervising outdoor recess
Terms of Employment: Part-time (4 music periods over 5 days and 3 hours per day of TA duties, or similar)
Remuneration: Based on experience and school policy
Education and Skill Requirements
• BC Teacher Certification
• Group music teaching experience
Please send resume, letter of interest and references to email@example.com