The Nelson Waldorf School is recruiting for the role of Music teacher. The Music teacher is responsible for the delivery of the Waldorf Music curriculum in a manner that is aligned with both Waldorf pedagogical practices. It is expected that the Music teacher works as a part of a committed team of teachers and is an active member of our school community, and possesses a commitment to personal and professional development and an enthusiasm for collegial work.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Create, deliver and assess interactive Music lessons aligned with the students’ stages of development
- Develop recorder playing skills, from exploring the higher ranges of the soprano instrument to introducing the alto, tenor and bass recorders beginning in grade 6 with the aim of ensemble playing.
- Balance music theory instruction with singing and solo/ensemble playing.
- Lead mixed grades choral singing groups.
- Prepare musical presentations for seasonal concerts and assemblies and work with teachers supporting class plays if needed.
- Document student progress using the provided online reporting templates and complete year-end student reports by the agreed upon date.
- Actively participate in the life of the school and broader school community, including festivals, concerts, performances and other after-school activities, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BC Teachers certificate required
- Group music teaching experience required
- Permanent, part time
- Salary: based on experience
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references to email@example.com.