Early Childhood Educator
The Nelson Waldorf School Childcare Centre is looking for a full/part time Early Childhood Educator. Our Educators form an integral part of the Childcare team by supporting the planning and implementing of a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate Waldorf Program through indoor and outdoor play, singing games, stories, puppet shows, crafts, baking, gardening, eurythmy, painting, and beeswax modeling.
- Support implementation of a developmentally appropriate Waldorf curriculum and activities for children ages 2 ½ – 5
- Participate in the development of a daily program, which includes a balance of indoor/outdoor play, active/restful time and structured activities/free play.
- Attend to each child’s physical needs including toileting, feeding and sleeping
- Employ appropriate and acceptable behavioural management techniques at all times
- Administer First Aid and medication as required: documenting incidents (re-portable and non-re-portable) and/or requesting the required medical release forms as needed
- Participate in the assessment of each child’s development.
- Maintain all health, safety and licensing standards and report any concerns to the Childcare Centre Manager.
- Maintain safe indoor and outdoor environments.
- Act as Lead Educator as required.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Current BC ECE Certificate to Practice and CRC Clearance
- Interest in a Waldorf Childcare Program
- Valid Childcare First Aid Certificate
$18.50 per hour (inclusive of 4% vacation pay & ECE Wage Enhancement Program funding)
Employee Student Tuition Benefit
To apply, please forward a letter of interest and resume, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org