CLASS 1 TEACHER
Start: August 2021
Terms: Full-time, salary based on experience, includes benefits package
Location: Nelson Waldorf School, Nelson BC
Apply to: email@example.com
This position is available for the 2021–2022 school year, with the contract beginning in August 2021.
The Grade 1 Class teacher has a passion for Waldorf education and for inspiring a love of learning in children and youth. Key qualities are strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment. With the responsibility of carrying a class of up to 24 students, the successful candidate will have excellent class management and organizational skills.
Within Grade 1 teaching, the responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• lesson planning & classroom preparation
• teaching main lesson
• teaching track classes
• report writing
• attending faculty meetings
• leading class parent meetings
• Eligibility for BC Independent Certification
• Waldorf certification (completed or in progress)
• 5+ years Waldorf class teaching experience preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Permanent full time
• Salary based on experience, including benefits package
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.