NELSON WALDORF SCHOOL
Early Childhood Educator
Early Childhood Educators form an integral part of the Childcare team by supporting the planning and implementing of a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate Waldorf Program.
- Support implementation of a developmentally appropriate Waldorf curriculum and activities for children ages 2 ½ – 5
- Participate in the development of a daily program, which includes a balance of indoor/outdoor play, active/restful time and structured activities/free play.
- Attend to each child’s physical needs including toileting, feeding and sleeping
- Employ appropriate and acceptable behavioural management techniques at all times
- Administer First Aid and medication as required: documenting incidents (re-portable and non-re-portable) and/or requesting the required medical release forms as needed
- Participate in the assessment of each child’s development.
- Maintain all health, safety and licensing standards and report any concerns to the Childcare Centre Manager.
- Maintain safe indoor and outdoor environments.
- Act as Lead Educator as required.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Current BC ECE Certification and CRC Clearance
- Knowledge and understanding of a Waldorf Childcare Program
- Valid Childcare First Aid Certificate
- Childcare Centre Lead Educator
- $23,500 per annum (inclusive of 4% vacation pay & ECE Wage Enhancement Program funding)
30 hours per week, 35 weeks per year plus 12 hours annual for prep and planning
- Employee Student Tuition Benefit
To apply, please forward a cover letter, resume, and short biography to email@example.com