Nelson Waldorf School
Physical and Health Education Teacher 2020/21
The Nelson Waldorf School is seeking a fully qualified Physical and Health Education teacher to teach Grades 5-8 in the 2020/21 school year. The successful applicant will have, or be able to attain, a B.C. Ministry of Education Independent Teaching Certificate for Physical and Health Education or possess a valid B.C. Teaching Certification.
Reports to: Education Director
- Interpret, integrate and deliver the B.C. Ministry of Education Physical and Health Education curriculum with Waldorf Movement Ed principles for grades 5, 6, 7,8
- Organize, plan and oversee downhill ski days for classes 4-8
- Prepare student reports according to Faculty agreements and BC Ministry requirements
- Abide by BC Independent School Teacher Conduct and Competence standards
- Uphold all NWS faculty agreements
- Educational background in Physical Health Education
- 5 years minimum teaching experience preferred
- B.C. Teaching Certification OR B.C. Independent School Certification pertinent to this area of study, or the ability to attain certification
- Current CRC
This is a part-time position Sept 2020 – June 2021.
closing date of April 27
Please submit a letter of interest and resume with two references by email to email@example.com.