Nelson Waldorf School
Woodwork Teacher 2020/21
The Nelson Waldorf School is seeking a fully qualified Woodwork teacher to teach Grades 4-8 in the 2020/21 school year. The successful applicant will have the required education, training and experience to teach Woodwork and Practical Arts skills using a wide variety of hand tools. The successful applicant will have, or be able to attain, a B.C. Ministry of Education Independent Teaching Certificate for teaching Applied Design and Technology.
Reports to: Education Director
- Teach Woodwork and Practical Arts classes in grades 4-8
- Interpret, integrate, document and deliver BC Ministry of Education Applied Design and Technology curriculum with Waldorf Woodworking Curriculum
- Prepare student reports according to BC Ministry requirements
- Abide by BC Independent School teacher conduct and competence standards
- Abide by NWS Faculty agreements
- Educational background in Woodworking and Practical Arts
- 5 years minimum teaching experience preferred
- B.C. Teaching Certification or B.C. Independent School Certification pertinent to this area of study, or the ability to attain certification
- Current CRC
This is a part-time position.
Please submit letter of interest and resume with two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org