The Nelson Waldorf School engages in a wide variety of fundraising activities throughout the year to support the curriculum. Some fundraising activities are class-specific, often focussed on raising funds for class trips, while others are school-wide. We ask parents to consider providing financial and fundraising support to the school in the following ways:
- Support the organization and advertising of seasonal school events, which invite the wider Nelson community and which are very important for school public relations (e.g., Halloween Journey, Winterfaire, Kinderhouse Mayfest). The Winterfaire is the largest seasonal fundraiser and every family is asked to contribute to the individual class-run components (e.g., cookie kingdom, winter crafts, candle dipping) or to the coordination of the Faire as a whole (e.g., parking, music, Silver King Artisan Market).
- Support the grocery card fundraisers, which enable your regular shopping to contribute to school fundraising.
- Support other school and class fundraisers (e.g., turkeys, chickens, dried fruit and nuts, bottle drives, coffee houses, silent auctions, bake sales, large plays and concerts, etc.).
- Offer grant writing skills or knowledge of grants available for school projects.
- Support (and develop where possible) NWS marketing strategies and the school's website to increase enrolment (each new student increases government funding for the school and strengthens the financial health of the school).
- Consider contributing to the NWS Annual Fundraising Campaign and/or making a tax-deductible charitable donation to the NWS at any time.
- Think creatively about other non-monetary ways to contribute to the financial health and growth of the school through contributions of time, particular skills, or donations from your business (e.g., donations to silent auctions or giving materials, food, or particular items needed in the school and at school events).
- Encourage families who would like their children to experience a Waldorf education, but who are struggling with tuition, to explore tuition reduction options. As our enrollment increases so does the vibrancy and diversity of our school.
- Complete financial agreements and pay tuition and supply fees in a timely manner.