The following links provide information about life at the Nelson Waldorf School (these links are also available via the menu above).
- Read about the Social Inclusion program adopted at the school.
- Find information about the school's building and grounds and natural playground.
- Read about the various festivals celebrated at the school or get specific information about the Halloween Journey, Winter Faire, and Mayfest.
- Look at some photo galleries from past school events.
- Find out about fundraising activities at the school and the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Read what some Nelson Waldorf School graduates have to say about the school.
The Nelson and Area School Association is a registered non-profit society. The school is governed by an elected Board of Directors. These elections take place once a year at the Annual General Meeting, as per the Society's bylaws. In addition, we have faculty members appointed by the faculty to sit as Board Directors. The mandate of the Board is to be responsible for the financial and legal health of the school.
The faculty circle (salaried teachers) meets once a week. In addition to teaching, the sphere of this group includes all aspects pertaining to the learning environment: conducting class, child, and curriculum studies; overseeing school festivals; developing personnel, policy, and finance recommendations to the Board; as well as participating in the day-to-day administration and long-range vision of the school. Anthroposophic study and professional development underlie the work of the faculty.
The school has a Coordination Team, who meet regularly as a communication hub to keep abreast of the work of Faculty, the Board, and Administration, and a Faculty Steering Committee, who manage pedagogical issues and topics, prepare meeting agendas, and act as a voice for the faculty. There are also individual school positions including Faculty Chair, School Mentor, Parent Communication Liaison, Vice-Principal, Principal, and General Administrator.